Wednesday, June 25, 2014

The BUNKER

The Bunker is a crag I saw about two years ago and thought to my self "WOW! That has to have some cool lines"  All I saw was a huge roof.  Ever since I've wanted to check it out.  I finally got the chance to do so on Sunday.   I ventured out with Kevin Capps and Mark Anderson to the wall.  Mark is responsible for most of the new routes going up at this wall.

Note: The Bunker isn't on Mountain Project nor the Mabe book.  I guess you'll just have to get the new book to find it.

Here are a few shots of them climbing.

Starting with Kevin


This climb is called "Apoca Lips" and probably goes at 5.13a or b or ?  I don't really know.  It's steep, pumpy and very cool.




I don't know the name of this rig, I do know it's in the 5.13 range and that Mark just sent it earlier today.  It looked hard. 








Mark has been on a tear.  It seems he is sending a new 5.14 on a weekly basis.  He doesn't feel the need for feet while chalking up.



Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment